The Historic Towns Forum (HTF), formerly the English Historic Towns Forum (EHTF), has been supporting professionals working in the historic built environment since 1987. The Forum's events and publications focus on perennial and topical issues. This collective then offers a strong platform from which to lobby policy makers on behalf of historic towns and cities. Read more
Below you will find HTF's most recent news articles.
- Heritage, Conservation and Tourism: Who Benefits? Who Pays?
- Latest HTF updates and events
- The Listed Property Show 2013
- Introducing new HTF members City-Insights
- HTF comments - Consultation on new opportunities for sustainable development and growth through the reuse of existing buildings
- Heritage and the High Street - IHBC North West Branch, 17 October
- Scotland's Towns Conference - Creating New Stories for Scotlands Towns
- HTF comments - Planning Act 2008
- Cut the VAT
- Vanessa Gregory (HTF member) speech to HRH The Prince of Wales
HTF 2013 events - coming soon
Free HTF publications!
Click on the links below to read our press releases
- Historic Towns Forum says NPPF is better than it might have been 28/03/2012
- HTF Director to lead examination of Mary Portas High Street Review and retail revivification in historic town centres 14/03/2012
- Historic Towns Forum Director to lead examination of Localism Act 09/02/2012
- HTF Responds to NPPF 13/09/2011
- MBE awarded to Stephen Langtree for long standing service to The Chester Civic Trust 22/06/2011
- UK wide - heritage really counts 10/11/2010